Do you want to help survivors of sexual and domestic violence in Los Angeles & West San Gabriel Valley area? Peace Over Violence invites you to come learn about volunteer opportunities on our 24-hr rape & battering hotline and emergency response programs.
Peace Over Violence encourages caring and compassionate individuals from the diverse communities of Los Angeles County to become trauma informed Counselor Advocates working directly with survivors of sexual & domestic violence.
• Become a trauma informed counselor advocate
• Provide direct services to survivors via our 24-hour hotline or respond in person
• Help strengthen community partner relationships
• Enhanced knowledge on Sexual Assault, Domestic Violence, Child Sexual Abuse, Intimate Partner Stalking, and other topics relating to violence
• Become a representative of a nationally recognized organization
• Give back to communities impacted by violence
• Participate in all training sessions, Wednesdays from 6:30pm to 9:30pm and Saturdays 9am to 5pm.
• Commitment to one full year of service
• Be 18 years of age or older
• Reliable transportation, valid driver’s license and insurance
• Must live in LA County. Prefer community members from Metro LA or West San Gabriel Valley
Upon completion of the training, you will be part of the Peace Over Violence Intervention Division’s Emergency Response Team, volunteering for the 24-Hour Hotline and Emergency Response Team and the Domestic Abuse Response Team (DART).
For information regarding the training, please contact email@example.com Due to the monolingual populations we serve, bilingual candidates fluent in Spanish and/or American Sign Language are encouraged to apply.
*No previous experience is required.
Please note: All counselor advocates will be subject to an LAPD or POV criminal background check.