Office Reception/Administrative Assistant
$32,000-$35,000 per year
Full time/exempt position
Health (partial payment), dental, and vision, generous vacation and holiday allowances
The Office Reception/Administrative Assistant is responsible for the efficient operations of the office and will work closely with the executive offices, operations and program managers, providing reception, back-office and other administrative and operational support. This individual will handle incoming calls and clients, office scheduling and attendance, communications, management of inventory and ordering of supplies, and maintenance of a neat and orderly work space.
The ideal candidate must exceedingly be well organized for “front office” interpersonal interactions and be equipped with the “back office” skills necessary to meet the challenges of supporting an office of diverse people and programs. He/she must be experienced in managing a wide range of administrative and executive support related tasks and must be able to work independently. They must possess the ability to interact with staff, clients, vendors and community partners in a fast paced environment, while remaining flexible, proactive, and resourceful. A high level of professionalism and confidentiality is crucial to this role. Expert level written and verbal communication skills, good judgment skills strong decision making ability and attention to detail are very important.
MANAGEMENT AND ADMINISTRATION COORDINATION
- Respond to the administrative and clerical needs of the staff
- Direct front office reception:
- Provide reception and address the needs of clients and guests
- Sign-in and direct clients to proper personnel
- Supervise children visitors during client appointments
- Keep area presentable
- Effectively organize and coordinate office operations and procedures in order to ensure organizational efficiency. Duties include but are not limited to:
- Manage internal and external office communication:
- Fielding and directing phone calls
- Sorting letters, packages and e-mails to appropriate department or personnel
- Compose, proofread and edit internal and external correspondence
- Maintain the cleanliness of other office common areas: kitchen, conference room, counseling room, reception, etc.
- Assist with the submission of program reports
- Maintain staff attendance and personnel records
- Procure and stock office materials as needed; manage inventory
- Handle travel arrangements, meeting preparations and logistics
- Conduct research and execute projects as directed
- Manage vendor accounts, relationships and payments
- Troubleshoot problems with phone, computers, copy machine, etc. and ensure on-going maintenance of equipment
- Implement and maintain office protocols
- Preserve physical and electronic filing systems
- Assist with electronics, Audio/Visual and Information Technology maintenance and need
- Must have +3 years of Administrative Assistant or Office Reception experience, or a combination of the two
- Preferred BA, BS or AA degree
- Must be proficient and comfortable around computers and other forms of technology
- Must have completed or intend to complete sexual assault/domestic violence counselor/advocate training or its equivalent
- Ability to handle multiple tasks at one time
- Good social, organizational and diplomacy skills
- Ability to work in a fast paced, high production environment
- Ability to get along well with a diverse group of people as a team member and to feel comfortable working with diverse communities
- Ability to write and speak clearly and accurately, with confidence
- Capacity to work some evenings
- Have own car and valid California driver's license
- Bilingual language skills are an advantage
Peace over Violence encourages applicants from a diverse pool of candidates including candidates of color, candidates with disability, candidates who identify with LGBTQ community and others.
TO APPLY: Applicants may submit a resume and cover letter, detailing experience, to Quiana Bulliox. Please, no phone calls.
Peace Over Violence
Attn: Quiana Bulliox
Peace Over Violence, 1015 Wilshire Blvd. Los Angeles, CA 90017
Peace Over Violence is a equal employment opportunity employer.