MANAGER OF DONOR ENGAGEMENT & INDIVIDUAL GIVING
Full time position (commensurate with experience). Benefits include vacation and holidays, medical (partial payment by employee) and dental/vision coverage
The Manager of Donor Engagement and Individual Giving will join a development team which includes experts in community engagement, communications, design and leadership staff. Responsibilities will include directing a major gifts program, participating in fundraising events, corporate giving, year-end and sustainer campaigns. This position involves administration of donor tracking systems and fundraising campaigns. This development position is perfect for the right person interested in promoting social service and social change through locating, identifying, and soliciting major donors and acquiring charitable gifts from corporations, foundations and the public.
Fundraising and Donor Cultivation
- In coordination with the executive director, identify and cultivate donor prospects
- Maintain current donors, appreciate and inspire them
- Oversee and further develop the Sustainers’ giving program
- Graduate donors into increased-giving categories
- Identify, cultivate and solicit gifts from corporations, foundations, community and individual donors
- Respond to and track various fundraising opportunities within local communities
- Develop, implement and track impact of annual individual giving campaigns, including presentation of a quarterly review of progress on goals and objectives.
- Facilitate and inspire the fundraising capacity of the board of directors and advisory board and others engaged with the agency.
- Recruit and train volunteer fundraising engagement/leadership
- Seek sponsorships to meet fundraising goals for Denim Day, Annual Year End and Annual Event/Campaigns
Planning and Collaboration
- Work as part of Development Team to set and achieve fundraising goals
- Participate in organizational events and campaigns through conceptualizing, writing, implementing fundraising via various print and electronic platforms
- Collaborate with program directors/staff to create and submit program reports to board members, funders and other relevant bodies
- Collaborate with Communications/Events Manager and Community Engagement Manager to produce fundraising and educational events like Denim Day and the Annual October Event, seek sponsorships, create newsletters, annual reports, and other promotional & solicitation materials
Training and Oversight
- Maintain Salesforce and other data bases as POV’s donor tracking and/or payment systems and implement donor recognition and appreciations
- Maintain awareness of advancements and changes pertinent to raising money within the community, to the organizations mission and programs and to the changes within philanthropy
- Maintain/manage on-line store
A love for – and successful record of – asking donors for money
Minimum of 5 years demonstrated success in fundraising & development activities
Demonstrated success in securing major gifts and implementing a major gift program
Efficient and effective skills with data base software, especially Salesforce, Mobil Cause, Network For Good, Shopify, Square, Authorize.net, etc.
Efficient and effective computer skills, including familiarity with MS Office applications and Google Drives
Excellent writing and speaking skills
Commitment to the agency mission: to eliminate sexual and domestic violence against women, youth and children
Ability to meet deadlines and handle multiple projects
Excellent organizational skills, including attention to detail
Proven leadership, management and diplomacy skills. Excellent social skills.
Ability to work in a fast paced, highly productive environment
Ability to get along well with a diverse group of people and to feel comfortable working with LA’s diverse communities
Adaptability, flexibility and ability to reorder priorities or work plan based upon changes in operational or organizational needs
Knowledge of philanthropic environment, in both local networks and beyond
Track record of cultivating new donors, maintaining current ones and proven success with a major gifts program
BA or BS degree minimum along with fundraising certifications.
If interested, submit a resume and cover letter to
Peace Over Violence
Manager of Donor Engagement and Individual Giving
Attn: Angie Wimpress, Executive Assistant
1015 Wilshire Blvd. Suite 200
Los Angeles, CA 90017
P – 213-955-9090
F – 213-955-9093
or e-mail to email@example.com
Peace Over Violence is a equal employment opportunity employer.