Data And Records Clerk
$35,000-$37,000 per year
Full time/non-exempt position
Health (partial payment), dental, and vision, generous vacation and holiday allowances
Metro Headquarters and West Sam Gabriel Valley Center
Peace Over Violence is seeking a detailed-oriented and highly organized person with excellent communication and multi-tasking skills, to become part of the data department at POV. The Data and Records Clerk will provide database and record keeping support, and perform various administrative and clerical duties for the intervention division which includes the following programs (Trauma Recovery Center, Counseling Department and Emergency Response Team). The database assistant handles different types of data as dictated by program managers and/or directors. Data Clerk is responsible for performing Trauma Recovery and Counseling program record-keeping and managing forms and information. Responds to queries by retrieving information in files or database.
DATA ENTRY AND RECORDS
- Maintains counseling records; assist with record file keeping operations by following policies and procedures
- Ensures counseling record availability by maintaining a chart location systems.
- Ensures that progress notes are filed by reviewing information; notifying Clinical staff of record deficiencies; tracking outstanding records;
- Prepares statistical reports by collecting and summarizing data information, such as types of intervention, modalities utilized, and any other demographic case statistics
- Provides medical record information by answering questions and requests of patients, hospital staff, law firms, insurance companies, and government agencies.
- Follow agency confidentiality procedures by keeping information confidential; following POV’s release-of-information protocols.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
- Prepares source data for entry by compiling and sorting information; establishing entry priorities.
- Maintains data entry requirements by following data program policies, techniques and procedures.
- Update databases or records with new information as it becomes available
- Correct and modify inaccurate files and records
- Enter data into appropriate fields; databases, records, and files; working with File maker and ETO Efforts to Outcome database
- Transfer data from written records, interviews, and paper formats via computer, recorders, or scanners
- Comply with security backups and regular checks to ensure data is saved and stored properly
- Summarizing and compiling data for standardized reports
- verifying data by correctly checking and comparing source documentation
- Organizing paper formats, paper backups, and material source files as needed
- High school diploma; associate’s or bachelor’s degree in business, administration or related field
- Two years previous experience in data entry or equivalent experience in a related field
- Extensive knowledge of Microsoft Office, Excel
- Strong attention to detail
- Able to quickly and accurately type and enter data;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Must have completed or intend to complete POV’s 72 hour training; upon completion be current with the sexual assault continuing education training requirements
- ability to work as part of a team with other agency staff and volunteers
- Have own car and valid California driver’s license and auto insurance
- Computer literacy required
Peace over Violence encourages applicants from a diverse pool of candidates including candidates of color, candidates with disability, candidates who identify with LGBTQ community and others.
TO APPLY: Applicants may submit a resume and cover letter, detailing experience, to Chief Program Officer Yvette Lozano. Please, no phone calls.
Peace Over Violence
Attn: Yvette Lozano
Peace Over Violence, 1015 Wilshire Blvd. Los Angeles, CA 90017
Peace Over Violence is a equal employment opportunity employer.