Peace Over Violence encourages caring and compassionate individuals from the diverse communities of Los Angeles County to become trauma informed Counselor Advocates working directly with survivors of sexual & domestic violence.
Upon completion of the Training, you will be part of the Peace Over Violence Intervention Division’s Emergency Response Team, volunteering for either of the following programs: 24-Hour Hotline and Emergency Response Team or Domestic Abuse Response Team.
• Become a trauma informed counselor advocate
• Provide direct services to survivors via our 24-hour hotline or respond in person
• Help strengthen community partner relationships
• Enhanced knowledge on Sexual Assault, Domestic Violence, Child Sexual Abuse, Intimate Partner Stalking, and other topics relating to violence
• Become a representative of a nationally recognized organization
• Give back to communities impacted by violence
• Commitment to one full year of service
• Be 18 years of age or older
• Reliable transportation, valid driver’s license and insurance
• Must live in LA County. Prefer community members from Metro LA or West San Gabriel Valley
For information regarding the training, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org Due to the monolingual populations we serve, bilingual candidates fluent in Spanish and/or American Sign Language are encouraged to apply.
*No previous experience is required.
Please note: All counselor advocates will be subject to an LAPD or POV criminal background check.
Interested in becoming a Counselor Advocate?
Fill the form below.