The ITWT program offers training and technical assistance to youth service organizations such as schools, medical clinics, mental health services, gang-intervention services and others to increase capacity to prevent and respond to sexual and relationship violence among youth. The program also assists rape crisis centers and relationship violence resource centers integrate youth into their existing services as clients, volunteers and staff.
Peace Over Violence staff can provide specialized training on topics such as:
- Dynamics of Teen Dating Violence
- Dynamics of Rape and Sexual Assault
- Crisis Counseling for survivors of dating and sexual violence
- Adolescent Development
- Mandated Reporting of Youth Violence
- Sexual Harassment among Youth
- Sexual and Relationship Violence Prevention Strategies
Past training recipients include InfoLine, LAUSD, Gateways Hospital, Mount St. Mary’s College, UCLA School of Medicine, Job Corps, California PTA, California Association of Batterers Intervention Programs, Statewide California Coalition on Battered Women, Harvard School of Medicine, and the Long Beach Health Department.